What Values Support Telehealth?
There are several values that support delivering therapy services through online methods:
- Schedules: It allows for flexibility in scheduling appointments.
- Privacy: It allows for greater privacy, rather than going to a therapist’s office. All sessions are encrypted and HIPPA compliant.
- Safety: It can ease anxieties about therapy, as the client meets from a location that is comfortable for them. This emotional safety is important for productive meetings.
- Comfort: Allowing the client to choose their space for the meeting environment is less cold than the clinical atmosphere of an office.
- Convenience: It is very helpful for individuals whose physical or mental health issues make them homebound. It reduces drive time for all participants.
- Availability: When Dr. DeYoung offered in-home therapy he was limited by driving distance. With Telehealth he can serve more couples across the entire state of Texas.
Why Online Therapy?
Therapy is Changing
- Dr. DeYoung has always offered cutting edge delivery of service. For years he was one of very few therapists that offered in-home therapy services.
- Following the pandemic, Dr. DeYoung has modified his delivery of therapy services to be online as Telehealth.
- He believes the values supported his previous in-home delivery are applicable to telehealth services.
- The primary reasons Dr. DeYoung made the transition to online therapy were:
- First, the increased availability means a greater population is served.
- Second, the comfort and convenience of telehealth mimics closely the in-home methods Dr. DeYoung used for years.
If you want to know more about Dr. DeYoung’s Marriage Couples Intensives, click the button below.